- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 cups of mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 4-5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 12 oz package of vegan ground crumbles, I used these already cooked ones: https://www.traderjoesreviews.com/product/trader-joes-beef-less-ground-beef-reviews/
- 1 cup of corn, I used canned, frozen works too
- 15 oz can of black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp Nutrional yeast
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 lime, juiced
- 20 oz red enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup cashew queso, homemade recipe here: https://veganyogamomma.com/2022/01/11/cashew-queso/
- 8 corn or flour tortillas, cut into slices
- 2- 2 &1/2 cups shredded vegan cheese, divided
- Optional garnishes: jalapeno, green onion, vegan sour cream, avocado!
- Preheat oven to 450° degrees F.
- Cook vegan crumbles according to package directions, remove from heat & set them aside. I used already cooked crumbles so they just had to be reheated!
- In a large (12-inch) oven safe skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the mushrooms & cook for a couple of minutes. Then add the onion & pepper & sauté for 4 to 5 more minutes, until the vegetables are tender. Add the garlic & cook for an additional minute.
- Add the cooked vegan crumbles, the corn, black beans, chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, salt, pepper, & lime juice & mix well. Pour in half of the enchilada sauce & stir. Next add the tortilla strips & cashew queso & stir. Add in the remaining enchilada sauce & mix until all of the tortilla strips are covered in sauce. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add in 1 cup of the vegan shredded cheese & stir until it melts. Top with the remaining 1- q& 1/2 cups of shredded vegan cheese.
- Place the skillet in the preheated oven for 5 minutes, then turn the broiler on high & crack the door for a minute or two until the vegan cheese is melted. Remove from the oven & let it sit for 5 minutes. Top with jalapeño, green onion, sour cream & avocado!
3 thoughts on “Vegan Skillet Enchilada Ⓥ”
Vegan Skillet Enchilada looks great! Thank you 🌍😊
LikeLiked by 1 person
Please keep me posted if you try it! It was delicious!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Yes. For sure. 😊🌍