- 10 oz of 5 grain tempeh, I used 2 5 oz blocks, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup of plank milk, I used unsweetened oat milk
- 2 tbsp miso paste, I used White Miso
- 1 tsp of sriracha or Frank’s hot sauce
- 1/2 cup of vegan panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2-3 tbsp coconut oil or olive oil
- 4 Tbsp whole wheat pastry flour
- Pinch of salt & pepper
- Add the shredded coconut to a food processor & turn it into a crumb like consistency, think like bread crumbs.
- Mix the coconut crumbs, vegan panko bread crumbs, pinch of salt & pepper together in a shallow dish & set it aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add the oat milk, miso paste& sriracha, whisk well & set it aside.
- Add the flour to another shallow dish & then you can set up your dredging station.
- Coat the tempeh cubes with the flour, the miso glaze, then the coconut panko mixture until coated well.
- Use a large frying pan & set it to medium-heat. Add the coconut oil to melt in it.
- Cook the coated tempeh cubes for 2-3 minutes per side turning to heat all sides.
- Serve with rice & veggies of choice & dip in any store bought or homemade vegan sweet thai chili sauce.