Skip to content
- 1 pound pasta of choice, I used Eat Banza
- 1 14.5-ounce can artichoke hearts, chopped roughly
- 2 big handfuls of spinach
For the Sauce:
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup cashews, soak in hot water for 30 minutes
- 3/4 cup plant milk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp white miso paste
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil to a large pot on low-medium heat.
- Sauté onions for about 8-10 minutes, until tender & translucent. Add the garlic & cook for about 30 seconds, until fragrant.
- Remove the onion & garlic from the heat & and it to a high-speed blender with remaining sauce ingredients. Blend until smooth.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water & drain the rest.
- In the same pot from the sauce, heat the remaining tbsp olive oil & chopped artichokes, sautéing for 5 minutes.
- Add the blended sauce back to the pot with the spinach. Stirring for 1-2 more minutes until the spinach is wilted.
- Add the cooked pasta & reserved pasta water to the pot with the sauce & stir to combine well.
- Serve warm. I like to add sriracha or any fresh herbs of choice.