- 2 cans of garbanzo beans, drained, rinsed & mashed
- 1 tbsp furikake seasoning
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo or dressing of choice, Tahini will work too!!! I used my Caesar: https://veganyogamomma.com/2022/07/10/vegan-kale-chickn-caesar-wrap-%e2%93%a5/
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1 bunch of green onions, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pitas, open face like a pizza
- 4 slices vegan cheese of choice, I used Follow Your Heart American Style slices
- Drain, rinse & mash the garbanzo beans & add them to a large bowl. Add the veggies, vegan mayo or vegan dressing, furikake seasoning & mix well.
- Prepare the Chickpea-ZZA’s by adding some of the garbanzo mixture to each side of the open-faced pita pocket & add a slice of vegan cheese.
- Place the Chickpea-ZZA’s on a tray lined with parchment paper & toast it on high. I do 2 cycles in my toaster but keep an eye on it. Enjoy!