- 1 & 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 6 tbsp vegan butter, cut into small chunks
- 1 tbsp ground flax
- 3 tbsp cold water
- pinch of salt
- pinch of turmeric
EGGLESS VEGGIE MIXTURE:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz chopped spinach or kale, fresh or frozen (defrost & drain if using frozen)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 8 oz mushrooms, fresh, canned or frozen
- 16 oz bottle of Simply eggless or 12 oz bottle of Just Egg
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- If you do not have access to a vegan egg substitute, you can make your own with tofu https://veganyogamomma.com/2022/02/27/vegan-tofu-scramble-%e2%93%a5/ or chickpea flour https://veganyogamomma.com/2022/02/03/vegan-egg-bites-%e2%93%a5/ (use this recipe but don’t put it in the egg cups)
- Prepare the flax egg, mix the ground flax with the water & set it aside for about 5 minutes.
- Prepare the crust next by adding the flour, salt, turmeric to a large mixing bowl & whisking well. Give the flax egg another stir & then add it to the flour mixture with the vegan butter chunks. Knead it all together well until dough forms. Roll it our flat, wrap it in plastic & set it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Add the olive oil to a large pot on medium heat, add the onion & sauté for a few minutes. Next add the garlic & stir, cooking until fragrant. Add the kale, tomatoes, mushrooms & spices & cook for a few more minutes stirring well to combine then remove from heat & set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Remove the crust from the refrigerator & spread it into the bottom of a 9 inch pie dish. Add the cooked veggie mixture & the vegan eggless mixture. Bake for 10 minutes, lower the temperature to 355°F then cook for 45 more minutes.