- 2 packages of vegan ground, I used: https://www.gardein.com/beefless-and-porkless/gluten-free/ground-bef
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 2 small carrots, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup veggie broth
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1-14.5 oz can of stewed tomatoes
- 1-15 oz can of tomato sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- optional: 1/2 cup of raisins & 1/4 cup of green olives
- Add 1 tbsp oil to a deep pot or pan over medium heat & add the vegan beef crumbles. Cook until done & set aside.
- Add remaining tbsp olive oil to the same pot/pan & add the diced veggies (onions, peppers & carrots) & sauté for a few minutes. Add the minced garlic, veggie broth, canned stewed tomatoes, canned tomato sauce, balsamic vinegar, bay leaves, salt & pepper & stir well to combine.
- Turn heat to low & add the cooked vegan ground beef back to the pot/pan, add the raisins & olives & let it simmer for 10 minutes or more if you want.
- Serve with rice, beans & plantains! Enjoy!
2 thoughts on “Vegan Picadillo Ⓥ”
Ohh, I am definitely going to try this. I made my first vegan picadillo years ago – the recipe by SimpleVegan, and I loved it. Can’t wait to try this version!
Yay. Keep me posted!
LikeLiked by 1 person