- 6 carrots
- 6 buns (vegan)
- 2 cups of vegetable broth or water
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tbsp agave or maple syrup
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp liquid smoke
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Peel the carrots & trim them to the size of a bun.
- Mix all of the marinade ingredients in a large pot & bring it to a boil.
- Add the peeled, trimmed carrots to the pot & boil them for 15-20 minutes.
- If you have time, you can marinate them after boiling in the refrigerator in the liquid for 8 hours up to overnight.
- You can grill them or pan fry them.
- If you are pressed for time, you can just add them to a bun with your favorite toppings & enjoy them immediately!