- 1 16 oz block firm tofu, pressed & dried
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 tbsp Nutrional yeast
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp black salt aka-Kala Namak
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp plant milk, I used soy
- 1 tbsp liquid aminos or soy sauce
- Optional garnishes: green onion, avocado, sriracha
- Press, drain and dry the tofu. Cut and prepare the vegetables & garlic in the meantime.
- In a large pan over medium heat, add 1 tbsp olive oil and the bell pepper, cherry tomatoes & red onion. Sprinkle with salt & pepper and sauté for a few minutes. Add the minced garlic & spinach & let it cook for a few more minutes, then remove the veggies from the heat & set them aside.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil to the pan & crumble the tofu into the pan. Cook it for about 5 minutes, then add the cooked veggies back to the pan with the tofu & add the seasonings (nutritional yeast, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, turmeric, black salt & pepper). Stir well to combine & let it cook for 2-3 more minutes.
- Finally add the 2 tbsp plant milk & liquid aminos/soy sauce & mix well cooking for another minute or two. Serve immediately or reheat it when ready. This would be a great item to add to meal prep for a week at work. I like to top mine with green onion, avocado & sriracha & eat it on toast.
One thought on “Vegan Tofu Scramble Ⓥ”