Sprinkle the cloves with olive oil, salt & pepper & roll up the foil leaving the cloves in a sort of packet.
Air fry the foil packet for 20 minutes at 400F. Let them cool for about 5 minutes in the airfrier and then squeeze the cloves out of the peel. Add to your favorite sauces, make garlic bread, dips, dressings and more.
Drain and rinse the can of garbanzo beans. *** PRO TIP – save the liquid from the can, it is called aquafaba & it is an excellent egg substitute for baking vegan sweet treats! ***
2. Add them to a big mixing bowl and mash well. Then add the shredded carrots, celery, garlic, onion & craisins and mix well. Set aside.
3. Then make the dressing in another bowl. Add all ingredients for the dressing and whisk until combined. Pour the dressing over the garbanzo mash mixture & stir to combine well.
4. Add it to a wrap with your favorite toppings & extra greens, eat it over a salad, on crackers, toast or any other way you think for a high protein, nutrient dense, delicious flavor explosion in your mouth!
1 15 oz can of garbanzo beans, drained, rinsed and mashed
2 ribs of celery, diced
1/2 cup shredded carrot
1/4 cup diced onion
FOR THE BUFFALO DRESSING
3 cloves garlic minced
1/4 cup cashews, soaked in hot water for at least 5 minutes
1/2 cup water
1/4-1/2 cup Frank’s hot sauce (depends on how spicy you like it)
1/2 cup of tahini
1 tsp lime juice
1 & 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp parsley
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
Drain, rinse and mash the garbanzo beans. Save the liquid from the can, called aquafaba, and use in as an egg replacement in vegan baking recipes. Add the diced celery, shredded carrot and diced onion and mix well. Set aside.
Prepare the dressing by adding all of the ingredient to a high-speed blender and mixing until smooth.
Pour the dressing on the chickpea salad and mix well. Store for 5 days in the fridge.
Assemble with any vegetable toppings to your favorite wraps, eat on toast, add to any salads, eat with crackers, you could even bake it and serve it hot!
The following are optional, but this was what I used: make it your own flavor if you want by adding more or less of any:
2 tsp vegan chickenless seasoning
2 tsp nutritional yeast
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp parsley
pinch of cumin, paprika, turmeric, salt & pepper
1 cup of Vegan Panko or bread crumbs
2 tsp parsley
1 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp paprika
Set aside the cup of breadcrumbs, 2 tsp parsley, 1 tsp garlic salt & 1 tsp paprika. Mix together all of the other dry ingredients (garbanzo fava flour, cornstarch, vegan chickenless seasoning, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, onion powder, garlic salt, oregano, parsley, cumin, paprika, salt & pepper) with a whisk.
2. Add the veggie broth or water & begin to mix until it forms a dough. Put it in the fridge for about 30 minutes then separate into 8 even balls of dough.
3. Use a flat pan with edges, mix the Panko and spices & add each ball of dough to the pan. Press the patty down to get some crumbs on both sides and flatten it into a patty shape. Flip it over a couple of times to coat it well.
4. Pan fry in vegetable oil for a couple of minutes on each side. Enjoy!